Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A Day in the Life (Preschool Day) - 3.5 years, 18 months

I'm still having a little bit of a hard time getting out of the holiday fog, but we are slowly getting there. :) 
It's been a while since I've done a "Day in the Life" post.  Tuesday is our busiest day of the week, so I decided to document it today!

My body (or Reid) almost always wakes me up by 7, but today, my 7:30 alarm is what woke me up!  Reid was in our bed and it woke him up too.  99% of the time he is in our bed when I wake up.  He comes down at some point during the night/early morning.  They're only little once and I love waking up with him next to me!  We went in the living room and I got Reid his breakfast and turned on his morning show.  He still only wants drinkable yogurt and dry cereal.  Easy! :)  I sat with him for a few minutes and then went into the bathroom to start getting ready before Georgia Kate woke up.  

I had to go wake Georgia up at 8:15!

I brought her breakfast into the bathroom so I could finish getting ready and Reid could get dressed. 

I quickly got Georgia Kate dressed, everything loaded into the car, and we pulled out of the driveway at 8:51 (only 6 minutes after our goal)!
I love this picture because look at that belly!!! :)

I love our conversations on the way to school in the mornings.  Today I said, "Buddy, I love you so much!  I think I'm the luckiest mommy in the whole world!" He said, "Okay. Can we go to Sea World?" Oh, boys...

We dropped Reid off at school and Peach and I headed straight to Little Gym for our 9:15 class that we usually don't get to until 9:25.

We got home at 10:30 and she immediately told me she wanted to watch "amos" (animals).  She always makes this face when it's about to start! It's so cute!  While she was watching her show I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, started some laundry, and tried to pick up a little bit.  

Georgia Kate had lunch at 11:15 and then we headed upstairs to play for about 30 minutes before she went down for her nap at 12.  We have our small group from church at our house on Tuesday nights, so nap time is spent cleaning with a quick lunch break.  Georgia woke up from her nap around 1:45, so I finished up what I was doing and then went to get her.  We got right into the car and she had her snack on the way to pick up Reid.  We went in to get him at about 2:20.

After school we went to the mall with Katy (aka Reid's teacher) and her boys to play in the play area for a little while.  I forgot to take a picture!  We got home around 4 and went straight upstairs to avoid destroying the downstairs before small group. :) We played for a while and then cleaned the playroom before Chris got home at 5:20. He normally doesn't get home until closer to 6:30, but on Tuesdays he tries to come home early.  

We went downstairs and fed the kids (it's always leftovers or frozen pizza on Tuesdays) and then Chris gave them their baths and got them dressed while I vacuumed and did some last minute straightening up.  We try to contain them until everyone gets here, so here they are playing in our closet. :) 

Our wonderful friends come over from 6:45-9ish.  We have babysitters upstairs with all the kids while the adults are downstairs.  Georgia Kate is still a little young to be up there with all the boys (she's the only girl!), so I put her to bed about 7:15.  After everyone leaves, it's off to bed for Reid.

  And that's what a typical Tuesday looks like at our house!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun-filled day! Can I ask what watching "amos" entails? I'm always looking for things to hold the twinkies' attention... besides Elmo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound like a busy Tuesday! Our Tuesdays are always too slow for my liking, so maybe I should just go to your house those days and follow you around town for the day with my kids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and busy day! GK is too cute sticking out her belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love hearing about your day and love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete