It's time for another "day in the life" post! :) For some reason I always feel like I need to do these on a day that we don't really have anything going on (like today), but the reality is, those days are few and far between! Lately, our days have been very busy, which is fun, but I also love the days when it's just the three of us. Today was one of those days.
Georgia Kate first woke up at 4:45, but went back to sleep after I fed her. I am happy to report that most nights she is only waking up one time! Woohoo! I went back to sleep as well and slept until I heard Reid yelling, "Daddyyyyy!!! Daddyyyyy!!!" on the monitor at 6:45. He always yells for Chris in the morning even though he's already left for work. After yelling a few times he was quiet for a little while so I assumed he had gone back to sleep. I later found out that he was playing up the playroom for a little bit. Fine by me! He came into our room at 7:15. We very recently took the knob cover off the doorknob on the inside of his door. I was always nervous about him having free reign of the house in the middle of the night, but so far it hasn't been a problem. If he comes out of his room in the middle of the night he just comes straight into our room.
Reid came into our room at 7:15 with his pajamas off. He informed me that it was because he had leaked out of his diaper. Ugh. I got him his breakfast, which is still drinkable yogurt and dry cereal. He now wants a mixture of 3 different kinds of dry cereal every morning and is very specific about that. I guess I can't complain about him being high maintenance though because he never requests things that involve actual cooking. ;) I turned on Barney (his favorite show) and we stayed in bed and watched that until Georgia woke up at 8:00.
When Georgia Kate woke up, I fed her, changed her diaper, stripped Reid's sheets off his bed, and then we all played up in the playroom for a little while. At 8:45 I took Georgia downstairs for breakfast and to put the sheets in the washing machine. Reid wanted to stay upstairs and play. Georgia had a few puffs and some yogurt for her breakfast. After breakfast, we headed back up to play with Reid.
Georgia Kate went down for her morning nap at 9:30. While she napped, Reid and I colored and then read some books. I also switched the laundry and got myself ready. If we don't watch Barney first thing in the morning, I will usually let him watch one during this time instead.
Georgia woke up from her nap at 10:50. I fed her and then got her changed and dressed for the day.
We left the house at 11:15 to go to Reid's swim lesson! He's been in swim lessons 4 days a week for the last 3 weeks. I have been amazed at the progress he's made! He cried (screamed actually) for the first week, but he has been so brave. Before his lesson each day he says, "I be brave?" while his little lip is quivering. Breaks my heart!
After swim lessons we needed to go to HEB to get a few things. Tortilla samples are the free cookie of this generation. :)
We got home and had lunch at 1:00. This is a little later than we usually do lunch. Reid had peanut butter and jelly, carrots, and blueberries. Georgia Kate had blueberries and a pouch. She can now feed herself a pouch! Talk about life changing! Between that and Reid learning to buckle himself in the carseat, I am experiencing a whole new freedom! ;) After lunch we played for a few more minutes and I put Reid's sheets back on his bed. I am pretty sure that is my very least favorite thing to do. Both kids went down for naps at 2:00. While they were napping I pretty much did nothing. Just being honest.
Both kids woke up within one minute of each other at 3:30. We played upstairs for about 30 minutes and then headed down so I could start prepping dinner. Reid entertained Georgia Kate by "acting like a kangaroo" for about 30 minutes (hence the blurry picture). Big brothers are the best. :) After dinner was in the oven, we played outside in the backyard until Daddy got home at 5:45!
Both kids woke up within one minute of each other at 3:30. We played upstairs for about 30 minutes and then headed down so I could start prepping dinner. Reid entertained Georgia Kate by "acting like a kangaroo" for about 30 minutes (hence the blurry picture). Big brothers are the best. :) After dinner was in the oven, we played outside in the backyard until Daddy got home at 5:45!
We ate dinner after Chris got home. We had these meatballs for the first time and they were SOOO good!
http://mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/2012/07/dinner-tonight-spinach-sundried-tomato.html
Georgia Kate also tried meat for the first time! She had a little bit of ground turkey. She seemed to really like it! She gobbled it up! (pun intended) ;) After dinner we headed out on a family walk. We've been doing this most nights after dinner now that it stays light longer and the weather has been so nice!
This was my view…
When we got back from our walk, Chris played with the kids for a few minutes while I cleaned out my car. This is about an every other day occurrence and I am amazed every single time with how destroyed it gets in such a short amount of time. Drives me crazy! 7:15 was bath time for both kids. After baths, Chris gave Georgia a bottle and then I put her down to bed. Most nights at this time Chris and Reid watch Barney together and both eat their nightly apples. Reid inherited his love of apples from his daddy. Tonight, however, they went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house so Chris could help his dad with something. I cleaned up the kitchen after they left and now I'm sitting in front of the DVR. :)
I am so thankful for these ordinary days with my babies!












Sounds like a great day! Yay to go GK for only waking once at night! And I really love how y'all take nightly walks after dinner. I want to start doing this with my little fam. :)
ReplyDelete*Way to go (not Yay to go. . . ha)
ReplyDeleteI am having trouble commenting on anything but the fact that I am so jealous they both napped for an hour and a half at the same time :) and I'm glad you did nothing while they napped - that's the best way to spend naps, in my opinion!!
ReplyDeleteThis is so great! And I was JUST thinking on Monday how I want to do this before Molly comes! Oh... And how great are those little glimpses of freedom?! The ouch and car seat?? Game changing!
ReplyDeleteSweet day with sweet babies! Glad sleep has gotten better and that you were able to enjoy a nap time of nothingness :) Also, are you sure GK is almost 9 months old? Because I'm pretty sure she was just born a couple of months ago... eek.
ReplyDeleteI love posts like this! And I've been wanting to try those meatballs...I will have to add them to our grocery list for next week. :)
ReplyDeleteYay for both babies napping at the same time!