Sunday, March 23, 2014

Georgia Kate is 8 months old!

Georgia Kate turned 8 months old yesterday!  This has been a month of changes for our sweet girl.  We ALL just fall more in love with her every day!

"I'm 8 months already?"

Georgia Kate is officially wearing all 9-12 month clothes!  I am so excited about the warmer weather because that means it's time to start wearing her cute spring/summer clothes!  She has figured out that she can take her bows off.  We will have to fix that real quick! ;)  As my friend Ashlee says, "No bow, no go!" Even Reid knows that and when we got to the grocery store a couple of days ago and she had pulled her bow off in the car he said, "Wait Mommy!  Where's her bow?"  Love it.  Georgia Kate got her first two teeth this month!  The two bottom center teeth popped through around March 7 (at least that's when I noticed them).  She isn't crawling yet, but she is really trying to get to things by reaching and toppling onto her tummy and then log rolling.  She is so happy just rolling around on the floor.  She loves her brother's toys and they are usually what she's trying to get to.  I know I am a broken record, but seriously, this girl LOVES her big brother.  He just has to look at her and she is thrilled.  Georgia Kate's personality is really starting to shine through!  I think we may have a free spirited little sister on our hands!  We started Little Gym this month and our girl is quite the social butterfly of the class.  She is constantly "talking" while we are there!  I have loved having that uninterrupted time with her.  We have so much fun!

We have had some major changes in the sleep department this month!  Georgia Kate is getting closer to sleeping through the night!  I knew that waking up 5-6 times a night was not normal for a 7 month old, so I decided to start her on a probiotic to see if it would help her tummy.  It has made all the difference in the world.  She still sometimes wakes up around 11:30ish and/or 2:30ish and then again around 5/6 (going back to sleep until 7:30/8), but that is sooo much better than it was.  We have also transitioned to two naps, which is a welcomed change!  I love that she has more awake time throughout the day.


I feed her first thing in the morning, after her first nap, before her second nap, after her second nap, and then before bed. We hit the restart button with solid food for Georgia at the beginning of the month since she had been having tummy issues.  We took a break and didn't give her any solids for three days and then eased back into it.  She now has yogurt for breakfast, a puree of some kind of lunch, and then we've been giving her some "finger foods" at dinner, usually steamed broccoli/peas/carrots, and some blueberries or banana pieces.  She is also enjoying her puffs.  She's actually gotten really good at feeding herself!  She shovels handfuls into her mouth at a time!  We also introduced the sippy cup.  While I am not sure she is getting any water, she does enjoy playing with it.

You can see her tiny teeth in this picture!

Pretty Peach, we love you so very much and can't imagine our lives without you!

4 comments:

  1. Growing too fast! Happy 8 months, GK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to what Allison said- not sure how 8 months have already come and gone! Need to see this little lady again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 8 months pretty girl!! Hope to meet you in real life soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time flies!!!!!!!! She is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete