Monday, March 11, 2013

Just things I don't want to forget...

My baby will be TWO in two months...
This is one of those posts that is for me to jot down things about Reid right now that I don't want to forget!  

*He is still IN LOVE with all animals.  His newest thing is he likes to rub his face on his book pages if there is an animal on it like he's snuggling with it.  I have to say "awwww" each time or he isn't satisfied. :) One of his new favorite books is his "biboo" (Bible) and while I would like to think he loves it because it's THE BIBLE, I'm pretty sure he only loves it because the first two pages are full of animals (creation and Noah's ark).

*I love our new morning "routine".  After I give him his cup of yogurt and container of cereal, he walks over to the couch, gets the blanket, and pats the couch for me to come snuggle with him.  We turn on the only movie he likes (Baby Einstein Wild Animal Safari) and watch it together.  I love that he's starting to think things are really funny on his own.  He has favorite parts of the movie and he will just point and laugh so hard.  He always looks up at me like it's our little inside joke or something.  It's the sweetest!

*His language is really starting to develop!  He's repeating a lot more now and naming more things.  I love that babies have their own little language.  Two things I hear a lot all day long are "uh-oh" (even when he does things on purpose) and "dee".  "Dee" is his word for again and also his word for anything that he knows but can't say yet.

*He covers his eyes when he doesn't want me to see him. :)

*He is starting to say his name and point to himself!  It comes out more like "wee"!

This is how picture taking is going lately...
 Every now and then I am able to get a good one!  These are two of my favorites from the last week or two!


Love this sweet boy to pieces!  

4 comments:

  1. His dimple is SO CUTE!!! Two is a lot of fun:) I love this age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh cuteness overload! Can't believe he's almost 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! I am a new reader to your blog (found you through Courtney S.)! I wanted to say hi and say that you and I need to keep in touch for sure! We have a son who will be two in April (I think your son will be two soon as well) and we are both pregnant at the same time, we are expecting baby boy #2 July 11th. I know you are not finding out but I am going to be so curious to find out!! We are also considering Reid as a name for baby #2, TOO FUNNY! p.s. YOUR Reid is so precious!

    ReplyDelete