Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thursday Thoughts

*I know I am about 5 years behind, but how in the world did I not know about Friday Night Lights?? I got the whole series on Netflix and I am addicted to it.  Maybe it's just because I grew up in a football obsessed town, but it's SO GOOD.  Football is really only a small part of the show.  It's the kind of show where you think about the characters even when you're not watching it.  It's nice watching it a few years later because I can watch six a couple of episodes at a time instead of having to wait a week for the next one.  If you are looking for a new series to watch, I highly recommend it.  If you like being productive during your child's nap time, I don't recommend it.  I am also really liking the show Nashville.  Coincidentally Connie Britton stars in both shows, so that is a little confusing.  I love, love, love her in Friday Night Lights.

*I have been noticing that we do a lot of tag-team parenting.  Chris gets home from work...tag, you're it,  while I finish dinner.  Chris starts Reid's bath while I finish cleaning up the kitchen and then I join them...tag, I'm it, while Chris runs off to throw a load of laundry in the wash. Yes, he does laundry.  I'm lucky.  Tag-team parenting makes us much more efficient!  I try to be conscious of it and make sure we spend a lot of time all together too and I think we do.

*I was really trying to hold off until next week, but I couldn't stand it any longer.  One of Amy Grant's Christmas CD's made its way into my CD player today.  No one does Christmas music quite like Amy Grant in my opinion.

I wanted to tack on a few random phone pics from the last couple of weeks...

Fun times. 
 I pick my battles and this one wasn't picked.  You want to take the swiffer on our walk? Sure! :) 
 This is blurry, but I love it! Annabelle loves giving kisses to her brother! 
 Happy Thursday! 

5 comments:

  1. We just watched FNL this summer and loved it, too! And I am jealous about the Amy Grant Christmas CD... according to Brian, I still have to wait one more week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto about FNL - I spent every free second watching it a few months ago (after I finished Dawson's Creek and was having withdrawals). As for the Christmas c.d., ain't no shame in your game ;) Also, glad Reid seems to love the swiffer as much as Davis seems to love the broom in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to watch FNL so bad! I still haven't jumped on the bandwagen. Also - Amy Grant's Christmas CD is the BEST Christmas CD of all time. Hands down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How have I never seen the swiffer photo?

    ReplyDelete