I was so blessed to get to spend the weekend with 2 of my oldest and dearest friends. Courtney and her hubby have been living in Springfield, Illinois for the last 5 years for med school and we sure do miss them! Courtney wanted us to get to experience the season of Fall (real Fall) before they move back to Texas next summer, so Pamela and I headed out to the beautiful Midwest! I was having a very hard time thinking about leaving Reid. I was never away from him for more than a few hours until this September when Chris and I took our little College Station getaway and then last month I went on our small group girls' weekend. I felt guilty for leaving him for a weekend three months in a row. This time I would be getting on a plane and flying across the country instead of just being an hour away from him. I have major anxiety with flying anyway, but thinking about leaving my baby to get on a plane was almost too much to handle. It was really, really hard. BUT, it ended up being the most wonderful and perfect weekend and I am so glad we went! There is just something about being with friends that you have known and have known you for almost 20 years. I love that we can talk each other's ears off for 3 hours straight or just sit silently in the car together without feeling like we needed to fill the silence. The weather was absolutely perfect the whole weekend. Pamela and I kept saying that we sounded like we were from Mars with the comments we were making. Haha! We were just amazed by how "fallish" everything was! Courtney said we missed the peak of Fall, but we were still completely satisfied by the firey red and golden trees that we did get to see. Crunchy leaves were EVERYWHERE, pumpkins and mums were on every porch, the air was crisp...it was FALL! :)
We got into St. Louis on Friday and Courtney was at the airport to pick us up. We stopped for a yummy lunch in St. Louis before heading to Springfield. On the way to Springfield we made a stop at a little winery and enjoyed some gorgeous scenery. The town of Grafton was so cute! Once we got to Springfield that evening, we settled in and then headed out to dinner. We went to bed pretty early Friday night because Pamela and I had been up since 4:30 that morning.
Saturday was such a great day. We stayed in our comfy clothes all day. We went to breakfast, went on a walk, got mani/pedis, went to lunch, watched the Aggies BTHO Bama!!!, got pizza for dinner, made smores in the backyard, and just enjoyed being together! (Clearly there was a lot of eating going on.) It was so sweet of my Baylor Bear and Red Raider friends to sit through the game with me and cheer for my team! I think I may have scared them a few times with how into it I was. All of Chris' hard work for the last 12 years has finally paid off. :) Sidenote: Chris was coincidentally 3 hours away from me all weekend. He had to go to Indianapolis for work. He was watching the game in a sports bar with strangers and we were texting each other freaking out the whole game!
Excited about the big win!!
Sunday was mostly spent traveling. Another sidenote: My bag didn't make it back to Houston, but thankfully it was delivered to my doorstep in the middle of the night last night.
Thankful for old friends.
I was thrilled to be reunited with my boys last night. I loved the weather in the Midwest so much that I brought it back to Houston with me. It's BEAUTIFUL today!!!
Also, my dad got Reid his first official Aggie jersey for the game. I am not used to him looking so old in big boy clothes like this! I am thankful for technology that allows my mom to send me pictures of Reid while I was away! :)


Sounds like a fun weekend for sure- I am especially jealous of the s'mores!! :)
ReplyDeleteDitto to what Amanda said :) looks like the perfect little getaway!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had the chance to get away and relax! Did you guys coordinate your "comfy clothes" choices? Y'all all matched :)
ReplyDeleteSuch fun friends! Love y'all!
ReplyDelete