Monday, November 26, 2012

Deck the Halls

Like most people, we've spent the last few days decorating for Christmas!  Tonight we will finish the tree.  I did a Christmas decor post last year and other than a couple of additions, we didn't change much!  

 These adorable little pillows are from an etsy shop called "eleven one creative".  
 My favorite part of our Christmas decor is my snow village.  My mom gets me a new piece each year and last year I got this toy truck shop!  I love it because I think it's a great boyish addtion to the village.  I just love the whimsical feel that a snow village brings.  I love to pretend that I live in a perfect Christmas town with snow instead of the sauna that is Houston, Texas.    

I also feel that holiday smells are a crucial part of the month of December.  I got Yankee's Holiday Garland candle this year and it is quite possibly the best smelling candle EVER.
 William Sonoma soap is definitely a treat and not something a buy often, but I couldn't pass up this Winter Berry scent. 

It's been so fun to see Reid notice the Christmas decorations.  He's been playing with the nativity set this year and it's so sweet to see.  I know he doesn't have a clue what it all means, but I just love seeing him play with it!  

Since we're in the Christmas spirit, I'll end with venting a few frustrations (which I don't like to do on here often, but sometimes it just feels good)...

*The wreath - Last year I invested in this wreath.  I stored it in the attic (instead of the garage), thinking that it would stay cleaner up there.  We just set it on top of a few tubs.  Well, when we got it down this year, we noticed that a little rodent friend had been snacking on my wreath all year long!! I was not happy.  Luckily, I was able to salvage it for the most part.  Ugh!  

*Christmas technology - Chris laughed at the fact that I called lights "technology", but whatever they are called, they never fail to cause a problem.  This year it was just the garland for the mantle, but last year it was the brand new tree we bought.  Things just aren't made like they used to be!

*Reid's clothes situation - I'm sure every parent of young children in Texas is feeling this way.  Reid has a whole set of fall/winter clothes in his closet ready to be worn, but it feels like summer.  I may get weird looks if my son is wearing a seersucker jon jon with a crab and a shovel on it in DECEMBER.  Most of his summer things don't fit anymore anyway because kids grow so quickly at this age.  Get it together, Texas.  

I feel better, now. :) Christmas isn't about decorations or candles or clothes.

Hooray for the Christmas season!  

3 comments:

  1. Psh Brian wear his seersucker crab jon jon year-round and doesn't seem to get any funny looks for it! Ha, kidding, of course :)

    Love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade dressed Davis this morning in a short-sleeved shirt and I chastised him for doing so... until we went outside and I realized he would be sweating in anything else!

    P.S. I love your cute, festive pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom does not get you a North Pole house each year, silly girl! Santa does!

    ReplyDelete