Well, Reid is now 18 months old and I am LOVING it! Our little blonde haired, blue eyed ball of sweetness is just so much fun.
At 18 months Reid loves...
...to dance! He will turn on the music on a few of his toys and start shaking his precious little booty! He puts his hands out to the side and moves back and forth. He is kind of specific about which songs he likes. He usually turns on the ABC song on his house.
...airplanes and birds. Two of my least favorite things. :) He must have excellent vision because he can spot an airplane so quickly once he hears the sound. I would prefer that he didn't become a pilot when he grows up.
...ketchup. We can trick him into eating most things if ketchup is involved. He enjoyed a lovely snack of bananas and ketchup a few days ago.
...animals, specifically dogs, giraffes, and zebras. We are working on animal sounds. He has his own sweet version of what chickens, horses, and sheep sound like.
...trucks. He loves to watch the garbage truck in the mornings and his favorite book right now is a truck book.
...helping. He likes to help unload the dishwasher and feed the dogs. It's adorable and he is so proud when he completes his task.
...sleeping. He is still a great night time sleeper. He almost always goes right to sleep after we read his book (we still read "Good Morning, Good Night" and pat all of the animals). Lately he doesn't even want to read his book and just walks to his crib and stands there and grabs the rails until we put him in bed. He usually sleeps until about 8 am, sometimes later! He takes a pretty good nap every afternoon. He is always ready for nap time. After lunch I say, "Let's go change your diaper and take a nap" and he always walks right into his room.
At 18 months Mommy loves...
...Reid's "surprise face". Anytime he sees something he likes, his little mouth makes a perfect O and he raises his eyebrows up and it is just the most adorable face.
...the way he says a quick little "mmm" when he eats something he likes.
...his smile! He smiles with his whole face and I love that.
...that he is cautious and careful. :) He almost always checks with me (by looking at me) before trying anything new.
...how he flutters his eyes almost closed when he is doing something he knows he shouldn't do. I think he must think that if he can't see me that I can't see him. It's pretty funny. Sometimes he also does the eye flutter if he falls down or bumps into something.
...that he still lets me rock him most nights. He loves to grab at my nose and mouth and giggle. We sing and cuddle and I just cherish it. I know it won't last forever. Last week I actually got to rock him all the way to sleep one night.
Official 18 month stats from our appointment this morning...
Weight: 27 lbs, 12 oz (89%)
Height: 34 3/4 inches (98%)
There was a zebra stuffed animal in our room, which was perfect.
Sometimes I get overwhelmed with how quickly time is passing and wanting to remember every single thing. I know that isn't possible, but I know that 30 years from now I may not remember all of the details, but I will always know how much I enjoyed and loved this stage in our life!
Ahh he is just so squeezably cute!! Happy 18 months, little guy!
ReplyDeleteHappy 18 months, sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteLove this post!!! And love that he is in the 98% of height...in true Preston and Sciba style.
ReplyDelete