Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reid lately

Sometimes I feel like I over-document, but I feel like Reid is changing every single day and I don't want to forget anything!  This blog is really for me anyway and I would do it even if nobody read it. :)

First of all, WHY do babies grow up so quickly?  I try really hard to enjoy every stage because I blink and he's onto the next stage.  This phase of life (raising babies) is so sweet.  I am so thankful to be a mom.  Overall, I have just been feeling very content and grateful for every day.  I love our sweet boy more than words can say.  

Lately (at 16.5 months)...

*Reid is obviously becoming more and more independent every day.  He loves eating with utensils and gets so excited when I give him a fork or spoon.  He still isn't really a "climber" thankfully, but he does enjoy climbing on the couch and he gets a huge smile on his face when he gets up there.  
*He is still obsessed with the dogs.  He is fascinated with Chloie, but I'm not sure that the feeling is mutual unless food is involved. :) When he wakes up in the morning or after his nap and I go in his room, he immediately puts his arms out to the side (like, "where are they?") because he wants to know where his dogs are.  
*He is such a wiggle worm!  He rolls over every time I change his diaper and never wants to be contained in the stroller or high chair.  I'm sure this is normal for this age.  He DOES love snuggling with Mommy though.    He will come sit in my lap and cuddle for no reason.  SOOO sweet.    
*He is getting pretty good at following directions!
*He "says" mama, dada, bye bye (baba), more (mo), ball (ba), and recently night night (nini).  I don't know what to count as his official first word.  It doesn't really matter, but I kind of want an official first word, you know?
*He claps for himself all the time.  I guess he's not lacking in self confidence! :)
*His first animal sound is a chicken sound!  There is a chicken in the book that we read before bed and Chris taught him to make the chicken sound.  It's more like a really high pitched squack.  It's pretty funny.  
*He smacks his lips in the morning when I'm getting his breakfast ready.  He's being kind of wishy washy with food right now, but again, probably normal for this age.  
*He is down to only having his pacifier in his crib!  He hasn't even noticed that it's not around during the day.
*We are working on a few specific behaviors that we want to eliminate.  The main one being dumping out the dogs' water bowl 458 times a day.  Either he needs to stop it or the dogs are going to be thirsty all day because I am over cleaning it up. :) 
*He can identify most of his body parts (nose, mouth, ears, tummy, feet, hands).  We've been practicing! :)
*People comment a lot that he has a deep voice.  He kind of does for a baby I guess!  He has this funny, deep laugh that he does when he likes something.  Lately he finds it hilarious when things get stuck (cars getting stuck on the track, keys getting stuck in the shopping cart, etc.).  

Here are some pictures from Tuesday!  We had Little Gym and then my dad and grandmother came by for a visit.  We are LOVING Little Gym!  I feel like I am learning a lot about Reid from being there.  He's definitely one to sit back and observe the group/completely do his own thing.  My friend at Little Gym said he's just a "trail blazer".  I like that. :)


I love this picture! :) 


Guinny and Popsie


This boy has some great hair.  I don't intend on touching the back for a very long time! :) 

 Looking for airplanes...



This picture is random, but this is what meal time looks like!  I think everyone with a toddler should have a dog.  It makes cleaning up SO much easier!

Happy Thursday! 

2 comments: