Monday, October 15, 2012

Girls Weekend in Chappell Hill

This weekend our small group girls went on a perfect little getaway!  We have been in our small group for about 3 years now and these girls are such a huge and wonderful part of my life.  Our friend's parents own a beautiful home in the adorable, quaint town of Chappell Hill.  They were so kind to open up their house to us for the weekend.  We spent our time relaxing, eating, going to the Scarecrow Festival, talking and sharing, watching the Aggie game, and having a "favorite things" party!! 
I wanted to write about the favorite things party because it was so fun and I think other people would enjoy it too!  There were 9 girls and we asked everyone to bring 5 of her favorite thing ($5 or less).  We went around the room and each person told about her favorite thing and then drew 5 names.  Those 5 girls got her favorite thing!  Everyone ended up going home with 5 new favorite things.  It was super easy and really fun! 

I decided to share some of my favorite things that I use on a daily basis...
sharpie pens, Burt's Bees lip balm, and Emi Jay hair ties!

These are a few of our favorite things...

We had everything from salad dressing to shaving cream to a gift card for a girl's favorite margarita in town! 

We had a wonderful getaway!  I was so excited to see my boys when I got home!
Chris did a little clothes shopping for Reid while I was gone. :) He isn't typically a fan of how I like to dress Reid, so I guess he decided to take matters into his own hands.  These pants are actually 3T shorts. :) 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! I went to a favorite things party on Saturday, too, and it was a lot of fun- will have to do it again some time!

    Ha and too funny about Chris's clothing choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was wondering why Reid looked like a different baby in that picture - had to be the new clothes! Glad you had a fun weekend away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love his new clothes! And I have never heard of a "favorite things party!" I will have to suggest it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds so fun!!! I'm going to steal the "favorite things party" idea.

    ReplyDelete