Monday, August 27, 2012

school

Reid and I purposely timed our walk this morning so that we would be going by the school (the school where I used to teach) just in time to see the kids arriving.  There is something about the first day.  I love seeing the kids and parents walking in hand in hand with their cute new clothes on.  I love seeing the teachers greeting the kids in the carpool line.  I love school supplies.  I love the excitement that the first day brings for the children and teachers.  I just love it all.  As we were walking by this morning I couldn't help but get a little emotional, not about not being at school, but because I was thinking about the whole first day of school thing a little differently than I used to.  I looked down at those little feet sticking out of the stroller and realized that it will be just four short years before I am walking my baby into kindergarten for the first time (maybe at the very school where I taught for 6 years, the very school where Reid and I spent 9 months together when I was pregnant :), the very school I was pushing my stroller in front of).  I watched the parents pulling out of the carpool line and walking away from the building and was emotional for them!  I realized today that my very first class is starting 10th grade this year!  Time flies.  When we got home, Reid was playing in the living room and I was folding clothes on the floor, and Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World came on Pandora.  Then I did what any normal, rational person would do.  I started thinking about Reid getting married someday and starting sobbing!  It's crazy what those first day of school emotions can do! ;) On a totally different note... this is what Reid does with his pacifiers now.  Hmmm...


1 comment:

  1. I think it's sweet that former teachers still get emotional on the first day of school - from what I've heard from other friends, you are not alone! :) I hope one day my baby(ies) have teachers as wonderful as you!

    ReplyDelete