Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Day in the Life - 14 months

This will be really boring for anyone other than myself, but I think it will be fun years from now to be able to look back and see what our days looked like! :) Friday was a pretty typical day for us so I decided to go back and document it.

Reid woke up for the day at 8:30.  I know that I am spoiled to have a child that sleeps late.  We keep him up until 8:30 or 9 so that he will sleep a little later in the mornings.  He doesn't sleep until 8:30 every day, but it does happen every now and then.  He almost always sleeps until at least 7:30.  If we don't have anything scheduled for first thing in the morning, I usually let him be my alarm clock.  I sometimes feel guilty about not waking up before him and being productive, but then I remind myself that once we have another baby someday, I will not get to do this.  I am going to enjoy the perks of only having one child right now. :)

I get so excited to go in his room and see him every morning!
sleepy face...

Reid had his usual drinkable YoBaby yogurt and a veggie muffin for breakfast.  I normally unload the dishwasher while he's eating breakfast, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that Chris did it for me before leaving for work!  Sweet. :) After breakfast, I got Reid changed and dressed and then he played for a few minutes while I got dressed for Baby Bootcamp.

His face in this picture cracks me up!


We went to Baby Bootcamp from 9:30-10:30!  Reid does pretty well at bootcamp, but he definitely doesn't like staying in the stroller anymore.  We meet indoors in the summer because of the heat, so the strollers end up staying parked most of the time.  He's not happy unless it's moving!  He would rather run around and eat snacks while I exercise!  

Reid went down for a nap at 10:45 when we got home.  Most days he still takes 2 naps.  Sometimes he will just take one.  While Reid napped I took a shower, folded a load of laundry, and watched TV/read blogs. :)

Reid woke up from his nap at 12:00 and had lunch.  I made him his usual...cheese and lunch meat melted on a piece of bread, but this time I snuck in some spinach.  He didn't want anything to do with it and only ate mandarin oranges and a banana/squash pouch.  Oh well.

We played for a little while after lunch and then headed out to run a few errands.  We made a stop at PetSmart so Reid could look at the animals.  We looked at fish, guinnea pigs, birds, and the dogs getting groomed.  We avoided the reptile section obviously. :)

We got home from running errands at about 2:45.  We played some more and then Reid had a snack.

Reid has so much fun with Annabelle now! He LOVES playing with her!




Reid went down for a nap around 3:30.  When I say, "It's time for your nap!" he will just start walking to his room.  So precious.  While he took his nap I worked on his baby book.  I have been working on getting caught up for the last couple of weeks.

He woke up at 4:45 and we gathered things up and headed over to our friends Zack and Katy's house.  Our friends Emily and Greg were there too and we were excited to get to spend time with them before baby Brody arrives! :) 

They have a great play area in their backyard!  Perfect for boys!
 sweet boys...

We got home at about 8:40 and did Reid's bath, brush teeth, and book routine. 


 Reid was asleep by 9:00.  Life is good! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! The picture of him eating in his high chair is hysterical! Cute picture of our boys too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a question: what will you do if Reid wants a pet lizard one day?? :)

    ReplyDelete