Double Digits! Crazy! Reid is 10 months old and completely wonderful, if I do say so myself. :) I feel like he has changed a lot in the last couple of weeks. I've loved every stage so far, but things are really fun right now!
Some things about Reid at 10 months...
*Reid's eating and sleeping are pretty much the same as last month. He has turned into a great sleeper! He is still eating mostly baby food. We are working on finger foods, but it's been a slow transition so far.
*He LOVES water. He gets very serious when he's drinking from his cup and gulps down his water.
*He loves to watch me fill up my water bottle or his cup at the refrigerator. He smiles really big when he sees me walking over there and then laughs so hard!
*He has 8 teeth. I'm thinking he's starting to get some of his back teeth because he is always shoving his hands back there.
*He's turning into a little blondie! I'm sure this summer it will get even lighter from the sun. It's getting thicker and longer. I think it's so pretty. :) Love my little blue eyed, blonde baby boy!
*He has a silly face he likes to make and he knows it will make Mommy laugh! He sticks his bottom teeth out to make himself have an underbite. It's really cute!
*Overall, he is kind of a quiet, observer type. He usually only fusses when he's in a shopping cart or when he wants something that I've taken away. He is his most "talkative" when he is getting tired. He has started to scream for no reason and then laugh afterwards. I think he's just having fun discovering his voice. :)
*He thinks Chloie and Annabelle are hysterical. Everything they do is funny to him...eating, scratching, going through the doggie door. He is so curious about them and loves to watch what they are doing.
*His favorite place is still the park.
*He's getting much quicker at crawling and sometimes he will crawl on all fours instead of doing the army crawl.
*He is pulling up and walking along the couch. He is SO PROUD of this.
*He is starting to understand his toys more.
*He has starting biting us, which is very strange. He bites my shoulder when I'm holding him and bites my hands all the time. He also bites my arm when I'm changing his diaper. Hmmm... He also loves to grab my mouth and nose. It actually kind of hurts!
*He loves for me to pretend I'm biting his toes and fingers.
*We have a silly little "Stinky" song that he loves for me to sing when I'm changing his diaper. :)
*We do the same exact thing every morning. After I feed him we read Goodnight Moon, then I change his diaper, then we stop to touch the "It's a boy" sign on his door, then we stop to look in the bathroom mirror and wave, then we say good morning to the dogs. It's so funny how they develop their own little routines.
*Some of Reid's favorite toys are his drum, Scout the dog, his little egg shaker, his stacking bowls, and the mailbox on his house. We play "What's in Reid's mailbox?" several times a day. :)
One of his favorite things to do is break apart his letters that are linked together. He pulls really hard and then gets so excited when he separates them! He also loves everything with buttons...the remote, phone, calculator, etc.
*He is always (well, almost always) happy. I love how much joy he has and pray that he is always filled with such joy!
I meant to do a "Day in the Life" post at 9 months. I like being able to remember what life was like during different stages. This is what our typical schedule looks like...
- Reid usually wakes up anywhere between 7:30 and 8:30, we go through the little routine mentioned above, then he plays for a few minutes, has breakfast, and then plays some more. Breakfast is usually Yobaby yogurt.
- On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays we go to Baby Bootcamp from 9:30-10:30. He is really good while we are there. On Mondays I go to ibloom at church, so on those days, Grandpa comes over and plays with Reid in the morning. I am so thankful to get to go to ibloom and be around wonderful moms that I learn so much from! On Wednesdays we go to Kindermusik from 10:15-11:00. We always have fun at music class! So, our mornings are kind of full.
- Reid takes his morning nap from 11:00-12:00 (give or take a few minutes). After his nap he has lunch. Lunch is usually some sort of babyfood fruit/vegetable combo with a finger food afterwards.
- After lunch until about 3:30 we usually play, run errands, go to the park, etc.
- He eats before his afternoon nap and then sleeps from around 3:30-5:00.
- When he wakes up from his afternoon nap he usually has some cheerios while I start or finish up dinner (I try to start making dinner during his nap). We play and sometimes go on a walk until Chris gets home. He gets home around 6:00 or 6:30.
- Depending on when Chris gets home, we sometimes go on a family walk/run before eating dinner.
- We eat dinner around 6:30. Reid has some sort of babyfood meat/vegetable combo and a fruit/vegetable combo. He also usually tries a little bit of what we are eating.
- After dinner Reid and Chris play together until about 8:00 while I clean up dinner and do a few things around the house.
- We do Reid's bath around 8:00, bottle around 8:15, and bed around 8:30. :)
I am so thankful that I get to be Reid Preston Sciba's mommy! He is such a precious gift and I cherish every day (even the challenging ones)!
Happy 10 months, little man!
ReplyDeleteHe is precious, Brittany!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cutie! And you are a good mommy--love y'all's schedule!
ReplyDelete