This has absolutely been the best month of my life! It seems like just yesterday that we were at the hospital waiting for our baby to arrive! We have cherished each and every day. I know we have so much to look forward to, but I am not wishing the time away. We are living in the moment and loving everything about our precious one month old baby boy!
We haven't been to the doctor since Reid's 1 week checkup and we aren't scheduled to go back until his 2 month checkup. We don't know exactly how much he weighs or how tall he is, but he is definitely growing! He is now wearing 3 month or 3-6 month clothes and size 1 diapers. He is still eating every 2 or 2 and a half hours during the day and about every 3 or 3 and a half hours at night. Overall, he just isn't that into eating (wish I could say the same!) and I have to work really hard to make him get a full feeding. This has probably been our greatest challenge so far. He is sleeping in the pack and play in our room at night and will probably stay there until he is sleeping through the night or at least only waking up once. We swaddled him to go to sleep for the first month, but he is starting to try to get out of it. His naps are happening wherever he falls asleep, which is usually in the swing or in someone's arms. During waketime we usually read books or play on his play mat. When he is awake, he is very alert. I love to see those big blue eyes looking around and taking in the world around him. He enjoys looking out the window, at ceiling fans, and at the giant balloons that have been in our house for four weeks! He is starting to focus more on people, which is really fun! We adore his smile and the precious dimple on his right cheek! We still aren't sure if he is actually smiling at us, but it melts our hearts anyway! He has a strong neck, but doesn't like tummy time. He also has a great grip! I love it when we hold hands. :) Overall he is a very calm and content baby. I took him out of the house by myself for the first time this week. Our first outing together was to Michael's, the Chick-fil-a drive through, and then my parent's house. I was so nervous to go somewhere by myself with him, but it felt great! I kept thinking, "I am driving my car and there is a BABY in the backseat." I still can't believe that he is ours and that we get to be his parents. Of course we have a million pictures of Reid from this month, but here are just a few favorites!
This was after his first bath at home. I am a little obsessed with hooded towel pictures!
I just love this adorable face!
Here is our family of three on Reid's one month birthday! This is not the most glamorous picture, but parenting isn't a glamorous job! :) We absolutely adore you, baby boy!
Aww, he is adorable, Brittany!
ReplyDeleteSweet pics and great recap- looking forward to seeing him (and you!) again!
ReplyDeleteYay! You made it through a whole month - good job, Mommy!
ReplyDeleteGot the beautiful announcement in the mail. Thanks - it made my day! Really love Tyne second to last pic on here too where he looks like a sweet little man. Oh boy how they grow.
ReplyDelete