Monday, June 13, 2011

Reid Preston Sciba

We are completely in love with our baby BOY! People asked me all throughout my pregnancy if I wanted a boy or a girl. I always said and truly meant that I didn't have a preference. All I know now is that the moment he was born, REID PRESTON is exactly what I wanted. I will never forget my doctor saying, "It's a boy!" It was such a sweet and special moment! I highly recommend waiting to find out the gender. :) It was the best experience for us! When I first saw Reid I couldn't believe how much he looked like Chris! I am just in awe of every single inch of him! Our creator is amazing!



meeting our son



our first family picture

We don't have a great story for how we named Reid, but I think his name fits him perfectly. I love names that are traditional, but not very common. I have always loved the name Reid. Preston is my maiden name and I always knew I wanted it to be our first son's middle name.

I ended up delivering Reid by c-section on May 23rd at 4:09 pm. He was 7 pounds, 6 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long, and perfect in every way! A c-section was not the original plan, but it was definitely a blessing in disguise. I carried very high throughout my pregnancy and on the day I was induced, Reid never dropped. My doctor decided that a c-section was our best option. I completely trust her, but I was definitely scared! It turns out that his umbilical cord was really short and we could have ended up in a scary situation had we not gone ahead with the c-section. I am so thankful that our baby boy arrived safely! We really enjoyed our time at the hospital. We had the sweetest nurses. My favorite nurse was our middle of the night baby nurse. She was so precious, patient, and loving. We are overwhelmed by the love we received (and are continuing to receive) from our family and friends! We have been showered with visitors, gifts, and meals! We sure are blessed!

Meeting family at the hospital...



The day we came home from the hospital was such a joyful day! Reid wore a beautiful gown that my mom made for him. My parents came to the hospital to help us and then Reid had all four of his grandparents waiting for him when we got home! Our house was decorated with an adorable "It's a boy!" sign and blue balloons! The day was filled with a lot of happy tears! As a matter of fact, the happy tears haven't quit coming! :) Our first night at home was a challenge. Reid wasn't eating or wetting his diaper. The next morning we called the pediatrician and she wanted us to come in right away. She told us that he had lost quite a bit of weight and was most likely dehydrated. I adore our pediatrician. I was such a mess when we got there and she was so caring and comforting! She helped us come up with a plan to get his weight back up and now all is well!



I think he looks like a baby doll in this picture!



We're Home!

My mom has been such a blessing to me! The first week Chris went back to work she spent all day every day with me. She did laundry, cleaned, went to the grocery store, and most importantly taught me how to be a mommy! Little does she know, she has spent the last 27 years teaching me how to be a mommy. :)

As a self proclaimed type A, list making, control freak, I have never felt more scatterbrained in all my life! The best part is, I don't care! My mom told me a little saying that her mom told her..."Go away cobwebs. Dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep." I have just been soaking up every single moment with Reid because I know he is going to grow up so quickly. Everything else can wait. Right now my days are spent feeding, changing diapers, and snuggling with my baby boy. I can't think of anything better. Reid is such a good and content baby! We are slowly falling into somewhat of a schedule. Right now he is eating about every 2 or 2 and a half hours during the day. He is not much of an eater and usually just falls asleep! His naps are usually spent resting on my chest or in my arms. I know there will come a day when I long for those moments! He is going to bed around 8:30 in the pack and play in our room and waking up every 3 or 3 and half hours during the night. He goes to sleep on his own very easily. My favorite part of our day is bathtime in the evening. Reid LOVES his bath. After his bath we wrap him in his towel, rock in his chair, and sing. All is right with the world.


Is there anything sweeter than a baby in a hooded towel?

Well, that pretty much sums up our life for the last three weeks! Pure bliss! It hasn't all been easy, but we have loved every minute!

6 comments:

  1. LOVED your post!!! =) Thanks for the update....he is so adorable and I'm so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! And love the new blog name :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, can't wait to see more pics and hear more about the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the sweetest post about your bundle of joy!! I love the saying. . .it's so true! Reid is just so handsome! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post - so thankful everything went well. Reid is one lucky babe with parents like you and Chris. Can't wait to see y'all soon!!!

    ReplyDelete