Our last month of summer was full of fun!
We made pancakes (usually reserved for Saturday mornings)
and followed our pancake breakfast with a lunch of Target popcorn and cherry limeades. :)
I went to dinner with one of my sweet former students Lauren and her mom Julie! Lauren is off to A&M this week and we talked about all things Aggieland and rush. And I didn't feel old at all. ;)
We went to a splashpad with Penny and Nolan!
We had fun with water beads!
We ate lots of popsicles.
Esther Kate came over a couple of times to play with the kids while I got some things done. They love playing with her!
We went to Inflatable Katy and Fudruckers with Pierce, Emery, and Ellison
and then Reid and Georgia Kate went to P&E's house to play afterwards.
We shopped for Operation Backpack with our small group friends!
Reid and I went on a special date! We had dinner at Alicia's, played putt-putt, and got snow-cones. We had a great time together!
At the same time, Georgia Kate and Daddy went on a date, too! They played games at Main Event, ate dinner at Cheddar's, and had dessert at Proud Pie (Georgia's request). :)
We had Promotion Sunday at church and (almost) everyone was excited to go to their new classes!
We went to Sugar Land to swim at Davis and Avery's fun pool!
Georgia's sweet friend Wesson from preschool came to play.
Reid went to two mornings of basketball camp and decided he likes the sport!
Rhett got his first real haircut!
Before
During
After
(When GK saw this she said, "Awww, it's okay Rhett. When you're older you'll learn to smile normal." Haha!
After the haircut we stopped at Gallery Furniture to jump on the mattresses. They love this!
We made a trip to the Houston Museum of Natural Science in Sugar Land to see the dinosaurs! Their favorite part was the fossil dig.

We checked out the new slides at our neighborhood pool, which conveniently opened mid-August. ;)


Rhett started back at Little Gym
and Georgia Kate started back at dance!
She is so excited to have three preschool friends in her dance class!
Hollie, Campbell, and Harper
I turned 34! We celebrated with my family the weekend before with dinner and swimming at my parents' house. On my actual birthday, Reid was so sweet and wanted to make me breakfast. It was the yummiest frozen waffle with chocolate chips I have ever had! :) The kids and I spent the day together at home and then we had small group that night. My sweet friend Brooke brought some birthday pie!
GK and I got haircuts together one morning. Love spending time with my girl!
And of course we did lots of this!
And while this certainly doesn't fall in the "summer fun" category, we are ending summer with Hurricane Harvey. There is so much I could say here, but I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around everything. We are so thankful that we are all okay and our house didn't have any damage. We are sad that Mumsie and Popsie's house had a little flooding, but we are all going to work together to get them through it! Chris made it back from Japan safely (yes, he was out of the country during all of this) and now we are doing everything we can to help our community during this time!
demo day at M&P's
passing out donuts and kolaches to people working at their homes
We gained an extra week of summer due to Harvey and are all very excited about school starting in one week!











































I'm glad MOST of August was fun for you guys - sorry it had to end on such a crazy note!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a month! GK's comment about Rhett's smile still makes me laugh :) Here's to a less eventful (but still as fun) September!!
ReplyDelete