Thursday, February 9, 2017

A Day in the Life

It's always fun for me to look back at our days.  Today was a typical day in our life with an almost 6 year old, 3.5 year old, and 15 month old...

Rhett started to wake up at 6:00.  Most days, he is still my alarm clock.  Chris had already left at this point, so I let Rhett stir for a few minutes and then when he started yelling, "MAMAAA!" at 6:20, I went in to get him.  He's usually a little on the grumpy side in the mornings. ;)


Next, Rhett and I had our time at the kitchen table.  He enjoys his Cheerios and milk and I caffeinate myself and do a little reading.  


Georgia Kate came downstairs at 6:45.  She snuggled in my lap for a few minutes and then once she fully woke up, she requested oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast.  


Reid came downstairs at 7:20 and I got him his Honey Nut Cheerios and milk and turned on a show for the big kids.  They became couch potatoes until it was time to get dressed.  


7:30-8:30 am at our house consists of me making lunches, scarfing down my own breakfast (usually oatmeal that I end up sharing with Rhett), getting myself ready, getting Rhett changed, getting Reid and Georgia dressed for school, etc.  It's a crazy hour.  During that time, Rhett is either right by my side begging to be picked up or sneaking off and getting into shenanigans such as...

putting things in the toilet

pulling things out of cabinets

and unraveling rolls of ribbon (or toilet paper). :)
(All of these pictures were taken this morning.)

We got loaded up and pulled out of the driveway at 8:40.  Reid was excited about crazy sock day!
  

We dropped the big kids off at school at 9:00 and then I went to pick up a prescription before heading to Rhett's Little Gym class.  Little Gym doesn't start until 10:15 and he usually falls asleep on the way there, so I just parked the car and let him get a little cat nap in before we went inside.  He wasn't happy when I had to wake him after only being asleep for 20 minutes, but I distracted him by giving him a snack. :) We had fun at Little Gym from 10:15-11.  


On the way home from Little Gym, we made a super quick stop at Target to get something I needed for our dinner tonight.  We got home at 11:45 and Rhett went right into his high chair for lunch.  I usually prepare his lunch in the morning when I'm making Reid and Georgia's lunches, so I was able to just grab it out of the fridge and it was ready to go.  Rhett went down for his nap at 12:00 and then I got to work prepping our dinner for tonight.  When dinner prep was finished, I found something for myself for lunch, folded a couple of loads of laundry, and then enjoyed a little downtime.  Rhett woke up from his nap at 1:45 and by 2:00 it was time to get back in the car.  Luckily, he didn't seem to mind. :) 


We made a stop to get our Katy Rodeo tickets before picking up brother and sister at 2:30.  


After unloading backpacks and having a snack, we headed outside to play until almost 6:00!  The weather was beautiful today!  


At 6:00, we came inside for dinner.  Georgia sort of ate it, Rhett threw his all over the floor, and Reid opted out of dinner completely.  Sigh.  After dinner I gave the kids their baths and then we headed upstairs to play until Chris got home.  


Chris arrives home at 7:15.  Yay!


I took Rhett down to his room for bed at 7:30 and then the rest of us played until 8:15.  At 8:15 it was time for books and prayers.  It's been so neat to have Reid read to us at bedtime!  


The kids were in their beds by 8:45.  Chris and I alternate nights of staying upstairs until they fall asleep.  Tonight was my night, so I was up there until 9:30, when Georgia Kate finally went to sleep.  Reid usually falls asleep pretty quickly.  After they were asleep I came down to take my bath and then work on this post while watching Fox News. :) 


And that's a day in our life! 

3 comments:

  1. Always love reading these! Now you should do one on a day when they are all 3 home to show us how you work your magic as a mom of 3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Too bad our kids aren't old enough to do this, but it would be funny to have them document a "day in the life" from their perspective.

    Oh, and glad Reid was excited about his "crazy socks!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel somewhat responsible for GK staying up so late...girl takes a GOOD nap at school :) And I know it stinks for you, but it makes me feel better to hear that other kids totally opt out of dinner too!!

    ReplyDelete