Thursday, September 8, 2016

Back to School!

We had a big week!  It was time to go back to school for Reid and Georgia Kate!  They were READY and had been asking almost every day during the month of August when it was time to start school.  So, on September 7, Reid had his last first day of preschool and Georgia Kate had her very first day!  

We had Meet the Teacher the day before.  I am so thankful that Georgia gets to be in the frog class with  wonderful Ms. Katy and Ms. Jenn!  I am also really excited about Reid's teachers in the alligator class, Ms. Ashley and Ms. Jeanette!  

Official first day pictures...









The kids were so excited to have their daddy come with us on the first day!


I snapped a quick picture of Georgia Kate at her table.  She was just a little baby in the stroller like Rhett when Reid was in the frog class.  I can't believe it's her turn!  

After only two days, I am feeling great about our decision to have Reid do the transition class at preschool.  He already seems more confident, has enjoyed meeting new friends, and actually spoke to his teachers (which is huge for him).  He said his favorite part of school so far is the writing center.  I had no idea what to expect with Georgia Kate.  I did know that she would probably handle the whole school thing differently than her brother.  Let's just say that she is NOT terrified to speak. ;)  She loved doing play-doh (because I don't let them get it out at home very often) and was excited to go to the bathroom at school - haha!  She is the very youngest one in her class and is still figuring things out, but I am excited to see how she learns and grows this year!  

We are so thankful for our preschool!

3 comments:

  1. So glad the school year is off to a good start for them, and how fun that GK has Katy like Reid did! How many days a week are they each going? I'm sure Rhett is appreciating the one-on-one time with his mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Hooray for a great start for them and what I'm sure seems like a break for you, even if you still have Rhett around :) Love the pic of you and GK- and also love that GK has Katy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always so late in catching up on blog reading...but yay! Love my Sciba kids! Georgia is a total rock star in the Frog class! And I apologize for the exhausted appearance of her teachers in that picture...We need to get another one soon ;)

    ReplyDelete