Saturday, February 13, 2016

Rhett is 3 months old!


Our baby boy is 3 months old!  We are able to see his personality starting to come out.  He is smiling more and showing us that sweet dimple! :) He LOVES Pat-a-cake and I almost always get a smile out of him when we sing it.  Now that he is more awake and aware, he's also very sensitive.  Loud noises (or voices) and other people holding him sometimes make him cry.  Rhett is SO snuggly.  He loves to rock and bury his face into my arm.  He can hold a rattle now and is becoming more interested in the toys on his play mat. He has started chewing on his hands a lot, which makes me wonder if he will be an early teether like his brother.  Rhett rolled from his tummy to his back one time on January 20th, but hasn't since.  There is a lot of him to roll. ;)


We've settled into a bit more of a routine this month.  I try to start Rhett's day at 7:00 and then he usually eats again around 10, 1, 4, and then Chris gives him a bottle before bed at 7:00.  Our other two never showed a preference on bottles, but Rhett made it very clear he wasn't a fan of Dr. Brown's.  We tried Tommee Tippee bottles and he has done much better.  Rhett takes 3-4 naps a day.  Usually 2 naps are in the car when we take Reid to school and pick him up.  I try to give him at least one good nap at home.  He's been taking naps in his crib, but sleeping in the pack and play in our room at night.  I just can't make myself move him yet. It's hard being the last baby. ;)  Rhett started breaking out of his swaddle, so he now sleeps with a sleep sack instead.  Nighttime sleep is still all over the place.  Some nights he will only wake up twice, other nights he will wake up 5 times.  We'll get there and until we do, I will enjoy those middle of the night snuggles.  

Rhett weighs 16 pounds, 8 ounces. He is a BIG BOY.  Cheeks, thighs, arm rolls…he has it all and I couldn't love him more.  Reid and Georgia Kate absolutely adore their baby brother.  They think everything he does is the best thing they've ever seen.  I hear a lot of squeals and "He's looking at me!  He's touching me!  He touched his toy!  He's smiling!" 


Rhett Michael, you are just the sweetest.  You bring so much happiness to our family!
We love you SO much!

For fun, here are all of our babies at 3 months old!  I think Rhett has his own look!

3 comments:

  1. Happy 3 months, baby Rhett! I think it's funny that, based on the pictures at the end, each baby you have gets bigger- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 3 months, Rhett!! I feel like life moved even faster once Avery was born, so I can't imagine how quickly it seems to move with a 3rd kid?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love baby Rhett!! He does look giant when you compare all three kids! But I also see how he looks more like Reid than I originally thought (just bigger)! :)

    ReplyDelete