We are getting closer to meeting our sweet baby #3! I am a little over 37 weeks and overall I am feeling good! My body is definitely feeling it a little more than the first time, but I'm so thankful for a healthy pregnancy. Time has FLOWN. I don't know if it's because this is our third baby or that it is Fall and such a busy time of year… probably both! Baby prep has been so different this time. I have been working in overdrive to get ahead in terms of Christmas shopping, pre-addressing Christmas card envelopes, etc. but as far as actual baby prep - not so much. I have bought a few necessities, but I think I've learned now that really all the baby needs is Mommy and this Mommy could not be more excited and ready! :)
One of my favorite things about this pregnancy is getting to see Reid's excitement and interest now that he's older. I'm sure it seems like it has taken FOREVER in his little mind. Earlier this month he came home from school one day and said, "It's October and that means next is NOVEMBER and that's when the baby will be here!" He loves to ask if the baby is moving and he's felt the baby move a couple of times. Georgia Kate is still clueless for the most part. When I ask her if she's going to help me with the baby she says, "Yes, I change baby diapers. Probably they orange and green." I'm not sure where she got the idea that the baby's diapers will be orange and green, but she always says it!
I am starting to get a little anxious about what life with three will be like, but I could not be more thrilled about it. Taking care of the baby is the easy part. I am actually looking forward to the time I get with just the baby in the middle of the night because I know our days will be busy, but at the same time, I'm nervous about taking care of three kids while being completely exhausted. I just hope I can be enough for all three of them and the kind of mother they each need. I'm praying the c-section recovery will go smoothly because I have two other children depending on me. When Georgia was born, Reid wasn't in preschool the whole first year, so we didn't have a strict schedule to follow. This time, we will be jumping right into waking up and getting everyone out the door pretty much right away. I know that we will adjust to our new normal, but thinking about it is a little bit overwhelming right now!
Of course we can't wait for the moment to find out if our baby is a boy or a girl!
Our official family votes have been cast...
TEAM BOY: Reid and Mommy
TEAM GIRL: Georgia and Daddy
Baby, we are all SO excited to meet you!!! :)


So sweet!! This makes me teary-eyed! SO excited!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine that you are feeling anxious about the adjustment (because I would, too!), but I know you will handle it like a champ :) will be praying for the smoothest transition possible! Can't wait to find out, eek! (And I used to be Team Girl, but now I'm just Team I'm-Not-Sure...)
ReplyDeleteEeeeek I just can't wait! And yes, you will find your new normal before you know it and it will be like life without #3 never existed! And as I mentioned on Saturday, I'm Team Boy... I think!
ReplyDelete