Wednesday, September 9, 2015

A Day in the Life - Fall 2015

We have one and a half weeks of this year's "school day" schedule under our belts!  We've settled in nicely, almost just in time for a new little one to rock our worlds in a couple of months! :) Reid is going to school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays this year.  Tuesday is our busiest day of the week, as Georgia Kate goes to Little Gym and we host small group at our house in the evening.  I decided to document our day today - a regular Wednesday!

Reid woke up and came into our room at 6:45.  I always tell him that he can't watch his show until 7:00, so we snuggled/kept sleeping for about 15 minutes.  At 7:00 I turned on his show of choice (usually it's Paw Patrol) and he watched it in our bed while I did a few things like finished getting his lunch together.  

In order for Georgia Kate to nap at the time I need her to for school pick up purposes, I have to wake her up by 7:30.  This summer she usually slept until 8:00/8:30.  


From 7:45-8:45 Georgia got to watch her show of choice (a random show called Baby Genius - Baby Animals that she's obsessed with), the kids ate breakfast (cereal), I got dinner going in the crockpot, got myself ready, got the kids dressed, and we were ready to head out the door at 8:45!  How will we ever get out the door once the baby is here?!  Eeek!




We walked Reid into school at 9:00.  Drop off went well, but as Georgia and I were heading back to the car, I saw him outside with his teacher looking for us.  I went over to see what was wrong and he had tears in his eyes and said that I forgot to give him a kiss (which I didn't, but I thought it was precious that he wanted another kiss AND so sweet that his teacher walked him outside to look for me).  
After drop off Georgia Kate and I did a couple of errands and girlfriend did NOT STOP TALKING!  I loved it!!! :) 

Here's an example from a conversation that happened in the car yesterday on the way to school that shows how different our children are…

G:  Where you going, Reidy?  Reidy, where you going?  I asking Reid where he's going!  Reidy, where you going?
R: school
G:  Reidy going to school!  He going to play with Mrs. Myers!  I go to Little Gym next!

Reid remained silent the rest of the way to school and she continued talking the entire way and really didn't care if anyone is listening! ;)


We got home from our errands around 10:30 and played and read books for the next hour.  Georgia ate lunch at 11:30 and then we headed up to her room at 12:00 for her nap.  Last week she was having a hard time adjusting to this school day nap time because this summer she didn't really get tired until around 2 (conveniently when we have to leave to pick up Reid).  I decided that even if she doesn't sleep every time, she still needs some quiet time somewhere in the 12-2 range.  Today she fell asleep! :)   The first half of rest time I spent eating lunch, starting some laundry, and taking care of random things on my to-do list.  The second half I allowed myself to rest.  I'm planning to do that for the next couple of months while I can! I woke Georgia Kate up about 2:00 and we headed out to pick up Reid at 2:30!  He had a great day!  We were home by 3 and I let them watch one show (Daniel Tiger) and have a snack.  We went upstairs from 3:30-4:30 to play...


From 4:30-6:00 we came back downstairs and the kids played while I folded some laundry, prepared the non-crockpot portion of our dinner, and did random odds and ends around the house.  There may have also been a tantrum or two…


Chris got home at 6:00 and everyone was excited!  From 6:00-6:30 we ate dinner/cleaned up downstairs.  



After dinner we played upstairs until about 7:15 and then it was bath time!  


After baths we got ready for bed and read books together.  Georgia was in bed at 7:45 and Reid was in bed at 8:00.  


After the kids were in bed, I made Reid's lunch for tomorrow, made sure everything was ready to go for tomorrow (kids' clothes set out, backpack ready, etc), took a shower, and then worked on this blog post! :) 

I love our days and am so thankful this is how I get to spend them!  



3 comments:

  1. Girlfriend has got some serious HAIR going on in these pictures - i love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your days :) And I love how chatty GK is (and how un-chatty Reid is)! It's the opposite for us in the car... Colby talks non-stop and Clara hardly makes a peep. She just stares pensively out the window- ha!

    Can't wait to read your first DITL post when #3 arrives!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Reid was sad about not getting his kiss - little boys are the sweetest! Though GK is obviously the sweetest, too, with all that friendly chatting :)

    ReplyDelete