Tuesday, December 23, 2014

More Christmas Fun

This month, I've really tried to balance some fun Christmas activities with just enjoying being at home.  There is nothing sweeter than being at home as a family and enjoying the sights and sounds of Christmas.  The second I wake up in the morning, the Christmas tree lights come on and I light my favorite Christmas candle.  We've been playing Christmas music almost constantly while we play and I just love it!  

Here is a little bit more of what we've been up to…

We attempted a Christmas movie night with the kids.
We were going to watch Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, but we had some technical difficulties, so we ended up watching crazy Christmas light houses on YouTube. :) The kids were mostly just interested in the popcorn anyway!


We had our annual Christmas lunch at Brookwood with the Myers girls - one of our favorite traditions!

Chris and I went to a Christmas Open House at Courtney and Quoc's.  

We had our small group Christmas party.  So thankful for this group and their children!

We decorated a gingerbread house!


We wrapped up a great first semester of preschool!

We got the most special gift from Reid and his teachers!  
Isn't this precious?  I will treasure it forever!

We covered our fridge with Christmas artwork.
One of my favorite things about Reid being in preschool is getting all of these cute things!

We let the kids exchange the gifts they got for each other.


The boys went hunting last weekend, so we had a girls weekend at Mumsie's house!  We relaxed, watched a few Christmas movies on TV, went to lunch with the Comeauxs, Mumsie gave me a sewing lesson, and we went to brunch where Georgia Kate really enjoyed her biscuit. ;)




The boys did whatever boys do at the ranch. ;) 




Last night, after the boys got back, we all went to the Really, Really Big Christmas Show at Second Baptist!  They have an AMAZING train display set up that Reid loved.  Georgia Kate did surprisingly well and sat through the entire 2 hour show.  I couldn't believe it.  She was being so cuddly and I ate it up! :)




Today we are hanging out at home and getting excited about celebrating Christmas the next two days!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little hands reaching for you in the pic of you and Chris before the Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! I love seeing everyone's fun activities!

    ReplyDelete