Now that 2014 is winding down, I wanted to share something that has made such a difference in my life this year! We've been talking a lot about gratitude with Reid and how important it is to have a grateful heart. Obviously this is a very abstract and difficult concept for a 3 year old, but it's just so important. It's something I want to model for our kids every day. I truly believe that joy and gratitude go hand in hand. I started a Joy Journal on January 1st and have written in it every single night (with the exception of a couple of vacations when I forgot to bring it). I end my night by remembering a moment that brought me joy that day or something that I felt thankful for that day. Sometimes it's something really small and other times it's something bigger. This Joy Journal habit has helped me notice our blessings and find moments of joy more than every before. I find myself walking out of the grocery store and thinking how thankful I am that we are able to buy what we need to feed our family or giving my kids a bath and thinking how blessed we are to have an abundance of clean water. I'm sharing this so that maybe someone reading will feel encouraged to start a Joy Journal of her own! I promise it will change you!
I also love looking back and reading what I wrote throughout the year. Here are just a few of my random entries… :)
I really love this idea. . . stealing!
ReplyDeleteThis is really a great idea that a Negative Nelly like myself could stand to put into practice - thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeleteLove this idea! I am going to start one of my own! :)
ReplyDeleteI just love this idea Britt!! I'm stealing this for 2015!! Thank you for sharing:)
ReplyDeleteSince my husband is Jewish, and didn't grow up with grace before meals, we've compromised and now we go around the table and say something we're thankful for from the day. I love the idea of doing this just by myself and Writing. It. Down. though. So add me to the list of people stealing this idea :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea! I should try this... but I will probably also need to have a sarcasm journal to counteract the positivity, ha! (Kidding, obviously- thanks for sharing!)
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful idea! I received a journal for Christmas, now I know what I will write in it!
ReplyDelete