I love taking a peek into other people's homes at Christmas! We did most of our decorating before Thanksgiving this year. I just like to be able to enjoy it for as long as possible! :)
I am looking forward to having Georgia Kate help us decorate the tree next year, but for this year, we did it after she went to bed one night. Reid was SO excited about the tree. I really try to notice and appreciate the kids' ages every year at Christmas time because next year at Christmas they will be an entire year older.
I love the ornaments we got for the kids this year for their personal collections! For Georgia Kate I went with a peach because she's our little Peachy, obviously. :)
I decided that Reid absolutely needed a drum ornament to represent his love of music!
I think themed trees are so neat and pretty, but ours is a random assortment of personal ornaments and I love that too! Maybe one day I'll have enough energy to do a themed tree and a personal tree, but that time is not now. :) The finished product…
I loved watching his face as we turned on the lights!
The next morning Georgia Kate enjoyed checking out the tree.
Love this sweet picture of Reid telling her about it!
We have an entry table this year, so it was fun to add a little Christmas cheer there. Our Christmas card box is already filling up! I love having pictures of our friends and their beautiful, growing families!
I am working on something to go between the stockings, but it's not quite finished yet. Someone I taught with made Chris and I our stockings (and our tree skirt) as a wedding gift! I thought that was such a unique and special wedding gift idea!
My favorite part of our Christmas decor is always the snow village. My mom gets us a new piece for Christmas each year. I love imagining that we live in a magical, snowy place (instead of a place where we are wearing flip flops today)!
We started this "A Meaningful Christmas" advent tree two years ago. You can check out the details here! http://www.ameaningfulfamily.com
My mom found these adorable door hangers for Reid and Georgia Kate's bedroom doors!
I can't get enough of handprint and footprint art, so we made these little snow people!



Is there anything sweeter than babies in Christmas jammies?? I really don't think so. I gave the kids their new pajamas on Thanksgiving night and I had to convince Reid to wear them because he really only wants to wear his firetruck pajamas these days. This is Georgia Kate's first nightgown and I just think it's so sweet!! I was ready to take a perfectly precious picture of the kids in their matching jammies and this is what we got… yep.
Reid and I made snowflakes to hang from our kitchen light fixture. He was so proud!
The outside and inside of the front door...
I didn't take any pictures of the outside of our house, but I love these pictures of Chris and Reid working on the lights.

After the successful photo shoot, we went outside to show them the Christmas lights on our house! We ended up walking around our street and looking at a few other houses too.
LOVE Reid's sweet face in this one...
As usual, Georgia Kate was not impressed… ;)
Fa La La La La! Merry Christmas!







You have such great decorations. After seeing everyone's decor pics, I am convinced we need to step up our game a tad. All we have is a tree, stockings, and like two little Santas sitting on the counter. :)
ReplyDeleteI love it - no surprise there though, because I always think your house looks great! I really love the snow village and might have to start one of my own one of these days :)
ReplyDeleteI (also unsurprisingly) love all of your decorations! And those footprint snowmen (snow-people?) are too cute- I may have to try that with the twins!
ReplyDeleteStopping over from Kelly's Korner! I love your Christmas decor. I, too, love having my decorations up as long as possible. Due to the quantity I start early. This year I started the end of September as we had two out of town weddings and a family trip to Disney World. Stop by if you get a chance! #36.
ReplyDeleteI found you through Kelly's Korner's tour but I "recognize" you from Amanda and Allison's blogs :) I'm Natasha and since I live in Canada, I am super envious of your flip-flop weather! I love your snowmen footprints -- they are adorable!
ReplyDeleteAlso I have a 3 and a 5 year old and my pictures of them often look like your pictures of your kids! Ha ha ha!