Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Big Boy Bed

About a week ago, we made the switch from crib to big boy bed!  I really wanted it to happen naturally and not be forced, so when I told Reid it was time to go to sleep and he said, "big bed!", I was so excited and thought it would be a piece of cake.  Not so much.  It hasn't been easy, but that's part of being a mom.  The first couple of nights were truly like having a newborn again.  We were up every hour to two hours comforting him.  When I offered for him to go back to his crib, he was very determined that he did not want to.  He wanted his big bed.  It's gotten a little better every night and last night he slept the whole night!!!  The first few nights Chris laid in Reid's bed with him until he fell asleep (and then fell asleep himself!), but the last couple of nights he has been sitting in a chair next to his bed.  His naps have been okay, but not great.  Today I had a hard mommy moment of having to let him cry for a while before finally falling asleep.  It was SO hard, but what I felt like needed to happen.  Most days he's slept for 30 minutes to an hour once he's fallen asleep.  A couple of times he laid back down with me for a little bit when I went up there, which was SO sweet.  I cherish the times we get to cuddle because they are few and far between.  While we are laying there he likes to touch and name everything on my face.  He also likes to say where everyone is.  This is his new thing..."Daddy work, Mommy here, Aba (Annabelle) down(stairs), Oie (Chloie) down(stairs)."  Just like any change, it's been an adjustment, but I know it will get better!  The first night he was in his bed I couldn't decide if he seemed older to me or younger.  In one way he seemed so tiny in his big bed and like such a baby, but in another way I just couldn't believe that it's already time for my BABY to be in a big bed!  Time flies!   

These pictures were from the first morning after sleeping in his big boy bed!  


4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it is going better! Gives me hope for when it's Davis's turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hair is awesome! Good job sleeping all night last night in your big boy bed Reid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. Big boy!! Hope it continues to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the transition is going better, but of course, you know who to call for company if you are up again in the wee hours :) Can't believe that big boy is almost 2!

    ReplyDelete