Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Big Brother!

We are SO happy to announce that a new little blessing is on the way!!!  

This ultrasound was from 8.5 weeks.


Our baby is due on July 27th, but will probably be born a few days earlier by repeat c-section. 
Reid and his little brother or sister will be 2 years and 2 months apart!! 

He is thrilled as you can see...

We found out the Monday of Thanksgiving week and my first thought was, "How fun would it be to tell our families on Christmas?"  Well, as time went on, I realized what a horrible idea that was!  Chris and I kept this little secret to ourselves for 5 weeks!  Not easy.  Apparently I am a really good secret keeper, so if you ever need to share a secret, I'm your girl! :)  I had already made photo calendars for the grandparents for Christmas, so I decided to put a sticky note on the baby's due date that said "Surprise! Grandbaby #2 is due!"  I think everyone was truly surprised!  I got the best picture of my mom when she saw it!  



I am just so, so, so thankful for this baby (just as I was with Reid) and do not take a single bit of this for granted.  I KNOW how blessed we are.  Every baby is such a miracle.

I have felt complete excitement and joy every since we found out.  I am very grateful for this feeling.  My pregnancy with Reid was such a mix of emotions...excitement, nervousness, guilt (This is strange, but I often felt very guilty and let it steal my joy.  I realize now how silly that was.), fear of the unknown, everything.  This time, I'm just happy.  Yes, I am a little nervous about balancing two, but people do it every day.  I know it will be very challenging, but I also think it's going to be so much fun!   I think I'm even more excited because I know how wonderful it is to have a baby and to be a mom.

The thing that keeps going through my mind every single day is how in the world is my BABY going to be a big brother??? I really can't get over it.  Didn't we JUST do all of this with Reid?  
This picture gets me so excited.  Just like we did with Reid, we are going to wait until the birth to find out if we will have another baby boy or a baby girl!  I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS MOMENT!  It was something I will never, ever forget and just SO much fun for us!! I love to think about both possibilities!

We are over the moon! :) 

9 comments:

  1. I am so so excited for you! You will just be amazed at how you can love another one just as much as the first! And watching Reid morph into a big brother role will be so amazing! Makes me want to cry thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Mama!!! My boys are 26 months apart and it has worked out really well for us! (c: Praying for a healthy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post!! Your Mom looks so excited :) Can't wait to meet the newest baby Sciba!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet- congrats again to all 3 of you AND the rest of your fams!! Love you and baby Sciba #2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I love this!!! Can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEA!!!!! The picture of your mom is priceless!!!!! Couldn't be happier for you guys. What a great big brother Reid will be!!!! Thanks for including us on this journey :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very exciting! I love this post--you said everything so perfectly!! It's the most wonderful thing ever! I'm so happy for you guys:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations girl!! That is AWESOME news! Were y'all trying for #2 or was it a surprise?!?! So happy for y'all and I love the way you told your family!!

    ReplyDelete