Sunday, December 23, 2012

What did I do?

Warning:  This will be a very dramatic and self centered post.

So, I did something completely wild, crazy, and out of my box.  I didn't get a tattoo or go sky diving or anything cool like that, but for me, it was a gigantic move.  I got over 10 inches cut off of my hair.  AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT.  I have had the exact same hair for over 15 years (with the exception of the Chi entering my life...life changing for sure).  I did have shortish hair for a brief year or two in junior high, but that was also at least 80 pounds ago.  (I think I've always used my hair as somewhat of a security blanket because I feel like it disguises my weight or something.)

I have been toying with the idea of doing this for a few months.  I pretty much lived with my hair thrown up in a bun because it was just in my way.   I thought I could help someone else by donating my hair to Locks of Love (which I did do and that's the only reason I am really trying hard to be okay with this whole thing).  It's just hair.  Some people go through really, really hard things and lose their hair, so I should just be thankful that I have some.  

Luckily it can still go in a (tiny) ponytail and it can still be put in a (tiny) bun on top of my head, so if I have to do that every day for the next couple of months I will.  I am hoping it grows QUICKLY!!  I am just a long hair kind of girl and I miss it.  

I wasn't going to put any pictures in this post because I hate it, but I didn't think that would be very nice, so here they are...

My last "before" picture.  I want to cry.  
 I know this may gross some people out.  There it is.  The over 10 inches/small animal that was removed from my head.   
 The back after...
 The front after...
The front is a little longer than the back and I'm not sure if I like that, but I do NOT want her to touch it again for a long time.  
So there you have it.  
It's just hair...It's just hair...It's just hair...

7 comments:

  1. I can see how that would be a big adjustment for you, but I think it looks super cute!! And so great that someone in need will get to benefit from your beautiful hair- very sweet of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to everything my smart sister said :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful with short and long hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand how you are feeling but you still look as beautiful as always! Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny how something as simple as hair can be so big. I feel ya. I've been there with the bad hair decisions that make you later regret. BUT- I think you should be proud you stepped outside of your box and did something you normally wouldn't. And I can't really tell- but it looks like a cute cut. Maybe it's just so dramatic for you? Go on Pinterest and look for some fun styling ideas for mid length hair. Round brush it and what not. Who knows you may love it eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omigosh! What a huge day for you! I think it looks awesome and I can't wait to see it in person. Just keep telling yourself how much time you will save in the shower and blowing it dry! Did Michelle do it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how much a big dramatic haircut/color/anything can make you cry, but seriously... I think it looks good!

    ReplyDelete