This is going to be a random Christmas-y hodge podge post...
Here is our Christmas card this year! I am not techy enough to figure out how to upload the proof that I got (hhdesignhouse.com), so I had to take a picture of our card with my camera.
Front...
This family picture was on the back...
Reid loves the Christmas tree and has done very well with it overall. His face lights up every morning when he sees it. It's the sweetest thing.
A tradition that I started last year is giving Reid new Christmas pajamas and a new Christmas book on December 1st. This year he got That's Not My Reindeer!
Another tradition that I started last year was making an ornament and also buying one for Reid that represented him that year somehow. I saw these handprint Santa ornaments on Pinterest and knew I had to try to make them. I intended to make some for the grandparents too, but that didn't happen. You would have thought I was making Reid put his hand in fire the way he was SCREAMING when I placed it in the dough. I think it turned out pretty cute though!
The ornament I bought for him this year was a giraffe...his favorite animal!
These were last year's ornaments...
On Thursday we went with Mumsie, Popsie, and Auntie Alli to Zoo Lights at the Houston Zoo! We had a great time! Reid loved looking at the lights and we even got to see his favorite animal in the whole world...GIRAFFES!
This one is not a real giraffe, but don't tell Reid. :)
Amazed at the giraffes!
Auntie Alli took him on the carousel and he got to ride on a giraffe!
The jury is still out on whether or not we are taking Reid to see Santa this year. Of course I want to take him for the sake of having a picture. My friend's mom had a "Breakfast with Santa" a couple of weekends ago at her house and Reid was TERRIFIED of Santa there. Like clinching onto me and screaming if I even brought him near Santa. We didn't even come close to getting a picture. I feel horrible taking him to see Santa when I know how scared he is going to be. We'll see...
Tis the season!
Tis the season!

I love his little puppy dog hat! I am also having the same moral dilemma about taking Davis to see Santa this year... not sure I want to fork over the money to have someone photograph my child screaming!
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pics, and I'm very impressed with your Santa handprint ornament- you're so crafty!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a precious family! Your Santa handprint is adorable, and looks better than the one on Pinterest. What kind of paint did you use? Also, Reid always looks so cute in his smocked outfits! Chad won't let me put Connor in them, but I'm hoping I can sneak a few in around the holidays when Connor gets a little bigger! Does your mom make all of them for you?
ReplyDelete