Thursday, January 12, 2012

Target

Anytime I am out in public with Reid and he makes even the slightest little sound I start to panic! Anxiety starts welling up inside me and I feel like I need to leave immediately in case he decides to get really loud! I feel like there is a spotlight on me and everyone is going to stare at us and get upset. It's SO silly, but I just can't help it. Reid is not really a fan of sitting in the shopping cart and he let me know about it at Target today. Even though the population inside the store was about 90% moms and babies, I still got so anxious! I tried to carry him with one arm and push the cart with the other. When that didn't work, I decided to prop him up sideways instead of putting his legs through the holes. I'm sure that's not very safe. I had about 10 toys, pacifiers, and teethers in there with him (which kept falling out all over the store), but all he wanted was my dirty, gross keys. A mom's got to do what a mom's got to do! :)
I also feel like I need to confess that I never put my shopping cart back in the designated location anymore. I used to always try to do this, but having a baby changes things! I will try to do it again when he is older to set a good example. :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha this sounds like my day yesterday at Target and today at HEB! I give him toys to try to keep him happy, but he just throws them out of the cart and starts grabbing for things on the shelves. And I also didn't return the cart to where it belonged at Target yesterday and felt bad! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Well he sure is adorable! Like so, so, so cute! So at least if he starts crying everyone will be distracted by his good looks =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Sounds exactly like Jay! Now I just stuff his face with food or we talk about the jillion things we see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried mum mums (baby rice cake)? They are a life saver with Grace! He is so precious! I don't put up the carts either lol.

    ReplyDelete