Well, here we are again! It was another wonderful month for our little family of three! Watching Reid grow is the greatest joy! I still get kind of sad every month knowing that he is growing up so quickly and for some reason this month I am especially sad about it! I also try so hard to just take in every stage and soak it up. It really does keep getting more and more fun!
As soon as I got him dressed, put him on the chair, and took out the camera, he knew it was time for pictures! Little ham...
At least once a day someone tells me that Reid is "such a big baby". He doesn't seem that big to me. He is wearing size 4 diapers and 12-18 month clothes though! I just love getting him dressed every day. It's so much more fun to dress someone that ways twenty something pounds than someone that weighs *** pounds! ;) I'm excited to start building his spring and summer wardrobe! Bring on the seersucker! :)
I am feeding Reid 4 times a day (first thing in the morning, after each nap, and before bed) and he is also eating 3 meals a day of solids! He now has a pretty good variety of fruits and vegetables that he likes and he also loves yogurt! Sometimes I will give him a "snack" in the afternoon consisting of puffs or yogurt bites so he can practice with finger foods. He is still having a hard time mastering this skill. His sixth tooth just popped through, so I am planning to transition him to finger foods once he gets the hang of it a little more! We've also tried giving him a sippy cup with a little bit of water in it, but he usually just throws it around like a toy.
Our biggest change from 7-8 months has definitely been sleep!!! Sweet boy is now an amazing sleeper! I am not sure where it came from or how we got to this point so quickly, but it is SO nice! He takes two good naps a day and sleeps 12 hours at night! YAY!!
A few more things about Reid at 8 months...
*He loves his grandparents! We are so, so lucky that Reid gets to see all of his grandparents at least once a week, usually a few times a week. He also loves his Auntie Alli and Uncle Thomas of course!
*He loves the dogs and is so much more aware of them! They can just walk by him and he laughs! It's precious! He also loves to pet them when he first wakes up!
*He gives hugs. :)
*He makes the silliest guppy/old man face! We don't know what else to call it!
*He is "talking" up a storm! He says mamama, dadada, bababa, and yayaya. I am not counting any of these as his "first word" because I don't think he is associating them with anything yet!
*Log rolling is still his mode of transportation and he seems pretty fine with that! He pulled up once last week and has tried a few times since then.
*He is still happy, happy, happy! He hardly ever cries.
*Just last week he has started fussing when I take something away that he wants, such as my phone.
*He loves when we blow on his face! He gasps and then gets the biggest grin!
*We got him an inflatable duck tub that goes inside the bathtub. He was getting too big for the baby tub, but I don't think he's quite ready for the big tub. He loves his new duck and reclines with his legs up on the side like he is at the beach.
*He is kind of starting to copy us a little bit.
*This is random, but his feet seem so much bigger all of a sudden! He is wearing a size 3 shoe. I am obsessed with his feet! :)
*He LOVES books. His name is Reid. ;) If there are several toys in front of him, he almost always grabs a book. He mostly just tosses them around and chews on them, but I still love that he loves them. :) 
What an incredible 8 months it has been! We absolutely adore you, Reid!
Happy 8 months, little man!
ReplyDeleteOn second thought, maybe calling you "man" will make your mommy sad, so let me rephrase that: Happy 8 months, little teeny tiny baby! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy 8 months Reid!!
ReplyDelete