Thursday, October 6, 2011

just so happy!

Being a mommy is the greatest privilege. I am just so happy. Things are not always perfect or easy. Most of the time I feel like being a mommy is messy (literally and figuratively) and a little confusing, but I am having the time of my life figuring it out! :)

A few thoughts...



  • I am trying to memorize the sound of the little squeals I've been hearing lately in the back of my car. They make me so happy.

  • I am selfishly waiting to start rice cereal because I am not ready for my baby to seem older yet.

  • Reid is starting to really, really laugh! It's so much fun! A laugh is guaranteed if he sees something like a hand or one of his lovies coming towards him!

  • I never used to understand when people said they did baby laundry all day long. Now I do. :) We go through at least three outfits, a towel, two washcloths, a bib, a changing pad cover or blanket, and about ten burp cloths a day. Oh the burp cloths. They are everywhere in our house and I don't even use them when I am burping him. I use them for everything else!

  • We bought a couple of Praise Baby DVD's last weekend and Reid really likes them (for about 5 minutes at a time). He's not the only one that gets mesmerized by them. They make me kind of sleepy! :)

  • I could stare at Reid all day long. I love noticing things about him that probably only his mommy would... He has one extra long eyelash in the middle of his left eyelid. When he starts getting really tired and I'm rocking him, his little lips quiver around his pacifier. He sneezes in the sun. He has a little niche on both ears (my mom and brother have them too and so did my grandfather).

No comments:

Post a Comment